Ways YouWAYS YOU CAN HELP ... Can Help
1. DONATE!! Click on the link below to make a tax-deductible donation!
2. Buy a t-shirt or sweatshirt: Stop by and see our great selection of tee shirts (long and short sleeve) as well as great quality sweatshirts and zip or no-zip hoodies. All proceeds from the sale of these goes directly to support Animal Rescue Fund, our no-kill, non-profit animal shelter. We have a variety of sizes and prints, so drop by ... prices range from $18 for short-sleeve T[shirts to $35 for a zip-front hoodie sweatshirt. Excellent quality and selection ... and these make great gifts, too, for animal loving friends and family!!
3. Please Give Money if you can: Any amount will be greatly appreciated...lots of clients give an extra $5 when they pay their bill...and it helps a lot. We also are pleased to announce that in addition to cash or checks, we have a brokerage account which enables us to accept stock donations! Call our office for more information!
4. We always need these items:
We use a lot of towels in our kennels and cat house, partly for cleaning but mostly for the pets to lay on. We also use a lot of bath mats, but we need things that can go through the washing machine in quantity. We have 6 washing machines going all the time trying to keep up with over 100 pets we sometimes have at the clinic and shelter.
5. If you give us canned pet food: we use it as treats for strays and sometimes for sick patients, so that would be a great gift. We have to be very careful, though, with changing dry dog food on our dogs lest we cause diarrhea, so dry dog food is not a great gift, but still, if you have a bag your dog doesn't like we will be grateful to have it, but don't go out and buy it...we'd rather have the money.
6. Give time and love: Our stray pets would love more walks and play time and especially just petting and touching...drop by when you have 20 minutes and ask to walk or play with the strays.
7. Give us your referrals: When the subject comes up, let people know that we have pets for adoption.
And let people know about our web sites:
- FoxNest.info: all about our veterinary practice which is a major supporter of the shelter
8. If you enjoy yard work or gardening: consider helping us keep all our shrubs and garden areas maintained. It's a big job keeping our grounds spruced up. We have about 10 acres of woods, ponds, and trails where we walk and play with the dogs.
9. Help us write grant requests asking foundations for their donations.
10. Attend and get involved in our fund raising events.
11. Last ... but not least ... ADOPT!!
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
We're always grateful to have volunteers who want to donate their time and effort to our shelter. However, we need to have some simple rules in order to protect the safety and well-being of both our animals and our volunteers:
- Always check in with the receptionist at the front desk of FoxNest Veterinary. Once you're "signed on" as a volunteer, sign in each time you visit the shelter, and sign out when you leave.
- Shelter animals tend to be stressed because they are in an unfamiliar environment. Approach them slowly, using a soft voice, and avoid making sudden movements or grabbing the animals quickly. Give them time to get to know you and always handle them with care.
- Especially be careful if children are present. Supervise them carefully, making sure they, too, are being respectful of the animals. Even small kittens can cause an injury or scratch if they are grabbed suddenly and startled.
- Be certain you know our procedures for walking dogs. Check with a staff member if you haven't walked the dogs before.